Tuesday, March 1, 2011

First Dibs

----------------------------------
Yay! I got permission to create a blog! *do the happy dance*

It's been such a long hiatus from blogging, I'm a bit nervous how this would turn out. Not that my previous blogs were most read, they were just nonsensical raves and rants (mostly the latter, blame it on puberty), what I'm nervous about is how well I'm able to execute the theme of this blog.

As the title suggests, The Curious Tummy is documenting my satiating of my gustatory curiosity, ergo, a blog about food. Hopefully The Curious Tummy, through religious posting and OC attention to details, would be at par with celebrated food blogs of Shoot First, Eat Later and Market Manila. Heck, why not throw in the wishing to rub elbows with the likes of Julie Powell or David Lebovitz and publish my own cookbook! (haha, dream on). 

The Curious Tummy will contain either reviews of the places I've eaten in or my own kitchen experiments. Now some would argue that it's not going to be called an experiment because most of the recipes I would be doing are my mom's tried and tested ones or lifted from cookbooks or the internet. But mind you, there would always be new ingredients added to whatever I'm making, and that's me and my imagination.

The question is, will these new ingredients turn a recipe into a win or a fail?

2 comments:

  1. i'll follow this one! nice to see you back with such a tasty treat for us, kai!

    :)

    good luck! since you're a cook, not a cat, i'm sure your curiosity won't kill you. ^_^

    looking forward to more posts from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi May,

    I'll try to maintain this one; hopefully it would be a keeper.

    Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete